The event is held under the country brand „Wine of Moldova. A Legend Alive” and aims to promote wine with local gastronomy and culture.
7 reasons to participate at the National Wine Day 2016
1. Over 300 wines for tasting - about 40 large wineries, small producers, and brandy producers will offer for tasting and selling a unique variety of wines: young, collection wines, limited editions and products launched first time at the national holiday. Visitors will be able to taste wines from adapted glasses and say “Noroc” (“Cheers”) with other over 100 thousand guests of the holiday.
2. Adventures on the Wine Road - a TOURISM INFORMATION POINT will be in place at the event for visitors willing to discover Moldova through wine tours from the heart of Chisinau to wine destinations, underground galleries, cellars, vineyards, tasting rooms, wine cellars and pension with special programs will help you to have a memorable oenological adventure.
3. “Wine School” - one of the main attractions of the celebration where you will be able to learn the rules and the art of wine tasting from sommelier experts. Themed tasting will include wines with protected geographical indication, special wines, dessert wines and brandies.
4. Concert of Live Folk and Modern Music – the artistic program will include the most famous orchestras in Moldova, dance ensembles, brass bands and folk music bands from Moldova's wine regions: Valul lui Traian, Codru and Ștefan Vodă. In the evening the youngsters will enjoy Moldova contemporary music.
5. Traditional Dishes and Gastronomic Theatre - Tens of restaurants will take care to prepare a menu that would not miss the traditional mamaliga or polenta, cabbage rolls, placinte or Moldovan pies and other festive dishes. Many of them will be cooked on site, and visitors can learn the secrets of the most popular Moldovan goodies, but as we like it, associated with wines made from indigenous varieties.
6. Crafts Fair - Moldovan Wine is a real source of inspiration to our artists. Do not miss the opportunity to go home with an authentic souvenir created by the hard work hands of a craftsman from Moldova. Workshops of pottery, sculptural arts, fine arts, cooperage will help you spend the time more excitingly at the wine festival.
7. “Wine Friendly” Offers - 22 restaurants in Chisinau have been accredited as “Wine Friendly” and will celebrate the National Wine Day with a special program for visitors. Special offers for the most interesting wines and association of wines with dishes from the menu will offer consumers unique experiences.
We are waiting to warmly welcome you on 1 and 2 October 2016 at the National Wine Day - the biggest holiday of traditions of Moldova and a unique cultural show!